So, your water bills are increasing with each month, and you aren’t sure why it is happening? Well, the only reason is more water usage, and that can be due to water leaks!
Dripping taps and broken toilets result in visible leaks that you can get fixed from a reliable plumber. But what about those hidden leaks?
Hidden leaks such as the leaky pipe behind the walls can result in a huge spike in the water bills while degrading the property’s structural integrity.
This post will tell you how to become a superb leak detective and find those hidden leaks yourself.
Keep an Eye on the Water Meter
Your water meter is a snitch that can help you understand if there are any leaks or not. Keep an eye on the water meter and note down any fluctuations. Here are a handful of tips that you should follow:
- Close all the taps and other water sources of your house.
- Now have a closer look at the water meter, and check the indicator to look for any fluctuations.
- If the reading keeps on moving, then there are some leaks around the house.
- Wait for some time, and then note down the readings again to be extra sure.
Now you know that there are some water leaks, the next step is to find them.
- Before you start your journey as a leak detective, shut down the main water supply.
- If the water meter is still showing any fluctuations, then the leak is outside the house. If the reading has stopped moving then the leak is inside the house.
Interrogate Water Leaks Like A Pro with These Tips
Interrogating water leaks isn’t that easy, especially when they are hidden behind the walls. But following these tips will be a big help:
Look for any water damages.
It is easy to locate water damages on the walls. Be a good detective, and start looking for clues such as chipping off paint and any signs of discolouration.
By tracking these clues, you can find the exact spot of the water leak. However, to fix the leak, you need a professional plumber, and that’s where Sydney Plumbers can help.
Check all the toilets and taps.
Dripping taps and leaky toilets can cause a humongous wastage of water every day. Go to every bathroom and look at the toilets and taps. If you see water dripping or leaking, immediately call a good technician to fix the issue.
Also, check every tap of your house, including the one installed around the patio or in the garage.
So, you tried everything but nothing helped? Well, there may be some underground leaks then that have no visible clues on the walls or other areas of the house.
But you can still track the underground leaks, with these tips.
- Check the areas around the yard and look if they remain wet throughout the day even when it hasn’t rained.
- Pay attention to the curb and driveway to catch some signs of water leaks. Anything such as a puddle, flowing water, or dark spot can help you identify the water leaks.
Call Professional Plumbers
Finding water leaks can be daunting, but with these tricks, you can be a good detective to find them. Make sure to call a reliable plumber that can reach your facility on the go to fix these issues at affordable rates.
Some water leaks can be the major culprits behind pipe bursting. So, it is essential to get the issue fixed immediately.
If you are still unsure whether there are any leaks or not, then you should get in touch with a technician. At Sydney Plumbers, we are the expert plumbing technicians in the area. We can find any type of water leaks and fix them at affordable rates.
Click on the Contact Us button to hire the best professionals in Sydney. Our staff comes equipped with all the tools required to fix the issue, and we’’ ensure that it doesn’t happen again in future.